Rss Feed
  1. Intrastate Running -- The Update

    Friday, March 19, 2010

    As you know, if you've been faithfully reading my blog AT ALL (of course you have, right?!?), I ran a crazy-ass team relay across the State of Florida this past November 2009. Many of you kind readers generously donated to our cause -- The Kenya Education Fund. Well, the final tally is in, and below are the results of all our fundraising efforts. I will let Daphne's email do the talking:

    Hi All,

    Just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that I just received word that the funds we raised for the Kenya Education Fund will be used to sponsor Miss Eunice Wangari through 4 years of school at Ndururumo High School. Through our fundraising, Eunice will have all 4 years of school fees covered, books, supplies, exams, room, board, and incidental expenses paid for.

    Throughout the 4 years I'll be receiving letters from Eunice and I promise to send them along to you all. In the meantime, I hope you are as proud as I am of both our team and of Eunice as she embarks on this new journey. Thanks for all you support and please pass on the good news and a huge thank you from KEF (and me) for the support.

    Hope you are all well!
    Daphne

    www.kenyaeducationfund.org
    Thank you again to everyone that supported Team Twisted Blister and our efforts to help a student in need. Keep your eyes peeled, for we may be doing it all again in January 2011. This time -- running from Miami to Key West!!!

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment