Rss Feed
  1. Bman in March

    Sunday, March 23, 2014

    This little dude turned 8 months old on the 17th this month and he is movin' and groovin'! I clocked him at at record 15 seconds of free-standing, with some unsupported squats thrown in for good measure. I think it is not too long before he's a walkin' round these here parts.

    This month we took Bman to Honey Creek State Park Resort for an overnight with some friends of ours and their 8 month old. The resort had an indoor waterpark, so we we took Bman and his swim diapers for a dip. Check out the video of his first lazy river ride here:


    Bman was pretty apprehensive of the whole waterpark experience. He didn't really ever loosen up and enjoy himself while we were there. He clung pretty close to either the Mister or me the whole time and never made his usual squeals of enjoyment. I hope that changes this summer when I plan on spending some time with him at Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood pool!

    Some notables these days:
    • -- I definitely think Bman is excited about the warmer, longer days coming our way. His mood his way better when we are able to get outside for a walk in the sunshine. 
    • -- He is cutting three (3) top teeth right now and I am so curious as to how his little smile will change. I know for sure there will be a nice big gap between those two front teeth!
    • -- As Bman becomes so much more mobile and aware of the world, he is eating more (of course). He definitely likes combinations of foods rather than single foods. And I know for sure he does not enjoy plain old mushed up bananas. I tried bananas several times over the past few months to no avail. He likes greek yogurt, sweet potatoes with chicken, and beef and vegetables, plus mixtures of fruit.

    As I write this, ol' Bman is napping IN HIS CRIB (A MAJOR MILESTONE), and I'm on eggshells wondering how long he will nap. I tried ye ol' cry-it-out method today for the first time in a couple of months and after about 15 minutes of overtired, ear-piercing banshee wailing, he finally conked out. I gave in a couple of months ago to his napping on top of me every day, twice a day, for about 40-50 minutes because the struggle to get him to sleep in his crib was exhausting us both.


    Let's hope today indicates that we turned a corner with the naptime/bedtime routine because the time away from each other is a good thing for Mama and Baby. My son has an ear-piercing, ice-pick-to-the-brain, high-pitched SCREAM nearly every time he is on the changing table and when he is tired and ready for a nap. Just 30 seconds of that scream makes me homicidal and taxes my entire nervous system. I find it very difficult to find my zen place. He gives me the nights no problem (~13 hours at a stretch!), but the days are incredibly long. My patience definitely wears thin by 3 PM every day, especially because I am usually up at 4 AM every day to pump and get ready to coach the morning CrossFit classes. For all his adorableness, this kiddo packs a potent punch when he is tired, frustrated, hungry, or denied something he wants (e.g., electrical cords).

    I try hard not to wish away these days because I know the kiddos grow up so quickly. My niece and nephew are 8 and I can't believe it. Time warps once you hit 30 and especially once you have kids. This I know. I try hard to appreciate the moments Bman and I have, but there are so many times I cry with regret over losing my cool with this demanding little fella. Each day is a challenge to a be a better parent than I was the day before. Sometimes, I reach my goal. And some days, you just need to have a glass of wine, watch some YouTube comedy, and go to bed.
    Great Grandma Jeanne and Bman always have fun together.

    You can never start CrossFit too soon!

    Out of the infant bucket and into the big boy seat!


  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment