Rss Feed
  1. New Year Musings 2016

    Saturday, January 2, 2016

    Y'all, 2016 is going to be a big year. Baby #2 is about 6 weeks away from entering this world; so really, any day our family will grow by two extra feet. I'm already exhausted. I feel terrible for Bman and the Mister. My functioning as a Mom and Partner have been...subpar. I mean, no one is starving, abused, or dying, but I'm certainly not as enthusiastic or motivated as when I am not pregnant.

    So there's that. And we are waiting on word from South University whether the Mister has been accepted into their doctoral program for physical therapy. In addition to running the gym and continuing his Air Force Reserve duties, the Mister could be a full-time student.

    In all, our lives are about to get even busier. I try not to think beyond each day too often, unless it's to think about my grocery list, midwife appointments, or play dates. This leads me to where I am landing in my musing about resolutions, "improving myself," or "doing better." I'm landing on "Fuck it."

    Less is more for 2016. I'm hoping to scale back on all non-essentials, including social media, and commitments, relationships, and attitudes that don't buoy my spirit during the impending (and current) monotonous days of caring for tiny humans. I'm hoping to succumb to this season of life -- caring for tiny humans who need and demand so much -- and soak up whatever surprises each day brings. I'm hoping in the midst of sleep deprivation, feedings, crying, missed naps, and tantrums, I find my sense of humor and deepen my well of patience. I suppose the only thing I'm planning on having more of is wine. Yes, please. More wine.

    Happy 2016, y'all. It's an election year. Perhaps you might want to join me in retreating from the world as well :)

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment