Rss Feed
  1. Giving Back and Eradicating Polio

    Monday, November 15, 2010

    I rarely entreat you, my fair readers, to give to cause and when I do, it is usually for a cause close to my heart or the heart of a friend. As my friends, your heart is my heart and my heart is yours. Just a few months ago Rotary International gave me many gifts - the trip of a lifetime, amazing new friendships, and a deep appreciation for the generosity of the human spirit. The service projects supported and implemented by Rotary Clubs around the world inspire me. The people that make up Rotary are extraordinary, ordinary people with the largest hearts I've ever seen.

    I feel I cannot do enough to repay the generosity I experienced during my Group Study Exchange trip to Brazil. One small drop I can make into my bucket of gratitude is a donation to Rotary International's End Polio Now Campaign. This campaign has contributed to the eradication of polio in all but FOUR countries on Earth. With a huge boost from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Rotary International is hoping to complete the task it started in 1988.

    Before the business of this year's holiday season truly hits, please consider donating to this worthy cause. Read up on the history of Rotary International's efforts to eradicate polio here and here. Donate to the cause here or here. Just think - a polio-free world!



  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment