Rss Feed
  1. Season's Greetings & Gratitude

    Monday, December 2, 2013

    Memories of Marion Street, Halloween, and Best Pals
    I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! One of my favorite parts of the season has ALWAYS been THE TREE. I decorated the family tree nearly every year growing up. I love the process of unwrapping each ornament, recalling the memories attached to it, and finding the perfect spot for each one on the tree.

    My dear friend Kelly encouraged the development of my own ornament collection beyond the ol' family tree by gifting me many wonderful ornaments over the years and by introducing me to the tradition of purchasing ornaments during my travels as souvenirs. I only wish I had thought of that tradition sooner!
    My first trip to St. Louis and the Arch with The Mister in 2012
    My ornament collection grows each year as The Mister and I celebrate milestones together and as our little family grows. And each year I continue cherishing the moment I unwrap each ornament out of storage and place it on the tree. I have ornaments saved from my parents' and grandparents' collections. I have glass balls hand-decorated by my grandmother. I think they must date back to the '50s or '60s.

    I have ornaments from nearly every stage of my life. I have ornaments commemorating my birth year as well as those of my two siblings. I have ornaments gifted to my parents and handed down to me. I also have ornaments given as gifts from my college roommates.
    1977 original, y'all.
    From my ballet dancing days.
    From one of my college roommates
    Christmas 1999!
    Some of my favorites are ornaments purchased as souvenirs. These ornaments remind me of good times with good people. I have ornaments from my honeymoon. From girls' weekends. I even have an ornament from Louisiana that I picked up during one of my rotations for NOAA at the BP Oil Spill command center.

    I can't wait until Bman is old enough to appreciate the excitement of our family's Christmas traditions, including decorating the tree and adding new ornaments to our collection. I am so thankful for a healthy family and for the multitude of blessings The Mister and I have received over the years. Below are some more photos of favorite ornaments that remind me of the wonderful opportunities given to us. Hopefully 2014 is equally generous for us and for all of our loved ones. 

    MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    Tiffany window ornament from Rockefeller Center Met Store


    Tuscon in 2010

    Honeymoon on the West Coast in 2011



    A trip to see The Mister in Charleston in 2010



    In Louisiana for the oil spill

    The first Christmas as Mister and Missus

    Commemorating our first child - our business!

    Our engagement date.

    The wedding of dear friends - best favor ever!

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment