Rss Feed
  1. Ol' Mother Hubbard

    Sunday, January 30, 2011


    So the food challenge begins tomorrow -- Monday morning. And lasts for 30 days. In preparation, I cleaned out all of my cupboards and my refrigerator today. A full bag of trash resulted. Half-eaten boxes of pasta, leftover boxes of crackers, and cereal -- gone. Out of fridge went leftover wine, creamer, old yogurt. Regardless of whether I am doing a food challenge, this exercise made it abundantly clear my food stocks needed a good clean out and organization. I'm surprised nothing was growing anywhere. After the jump, you will see some of the yummy things I plan on eating this week.

    I planned out much of my menu using the
    Whole Life Eating blog because I have no idea what I'm doing...yet. The recipes are fairly simple, they just don't involve grains. Aack! Anyway, here's my plan, let's hope I can stick with it. For 30 days.

    Breakfast fortunately includes black coffee. I'll be eating berries with coconut milk and topped with slivered almonds most mornings. Otherwise, I'll have a banana. I was never one for a big breakfast anyway.

    Lunch will mostly be leftovers from dinner the night before, or I'll make lettuce wraps. The wrap filling will be things like tuna or waldorf salad.

    Dinner is where I'll be more creative -- cinnamon-spiced ribeye with carrots and squash, ground beef with baked sweet potato topped with pecans, chicken thighs with celery, onion, and apples. Sounds pretty delish, right? I'll let you know if any of them are here in reality.


  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment