Rss Feed
  1. This Could Work, Folks!

    Monday, January 31, 2011

    I gotta say, although Day 1 was not without minor challenges (I totally craved something, anything sweet), I do think I buy into this whole clean eating thing! During my boot camp workout, I didn't feel the same fatigue, soreness, and struggles that I usually do. Don't get me wrong, it was still a tough workout, it just didn't feel as mentally or physically draining as it did before. Maybe there really is something to eating to run. I'll let you know, hopefully before the end of 30 days. I would like to think there is more to this challenge than simply being able to complete it [without killing anyone for a piece of chocolate]. What follows is my food for the day.

    Breakfast:
    blueberries, raspberries, and slivered almonds in coconut milk with a side of coffee. Surprisingly satisfying and REALLY tasty. It is nearly prime berry season here in Florida. Strawberry Festival is next month!
    Lunch:
    Peppered canned tuna wrapped in red lettuce.
    Snacks:
    I've always been a grazer, so I ate most of what I brought to work over the course of the work day (generally from 10:30 AM through 3:30 PM). Today's choices included organic dried apricots, sugar snap peas, cashews, and an apple.
    Dinner:
    I made
    chicken with onions, celery, and apples. I've got more than enough for a few servings. Thank goodness it was so packed with flavor and so filling.





  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment