Rss Feed
  1. 2 Down, 2 to Go

    Monday, February 14, 2011


    Week 2 was 180 degrees different than the first. I got a handle on the ingredients I can use, and I found some saving graces - like homemade olive oil mayonnaise. And avocados. And Lara Bars. And cinnamon. It is a whole new world.

    My energy level is more consistent, and I'm better at not feeling like I am starving all the time. I still have a long way to go, though. Over the weekend, Jacob and I were in Orlando and it was tough figuring out breakfast and lunch while on the road. I don't know how he does this every week. It definitely made me cranky.

    Surprisingly, Chili's Restaurant had some great options for us. The grilled salmon and veggies used no butter and were super flavorful. I substituted an extra helping of veggies for the side of rice that usually comes with the dish. Jacob had the fajitas, without the tortillas. When you're not filling up on corn tortillas, you can eat all of the filling provided on the sizzling cast iron platter.

    I am hoping that this week I stop fantasizing about cupcakes. I wasn't a cupcake fiend before The Whole30; however, because I absolutely cannot have one, that is ALL I want. Guess what I'm getting, Day 1, post-Whole30? You got it. A deliciously rich cupcake from The Cupcake Spot. I have two more weeks to decide just which one I want. Then, it is figuring out just what the balance is between a no-holds-barred approach to food and the strict regimen of The Whole30. At this point, I hope that at the end of this, I've learned enough to keep me closer to compliance with The Whole30, while allowing for the occasional treat (like cupcakes, wine, or dark chocolate)
    without falling down the rabbit hole of processed food.
    --
    Yummy Eats of the Week:
    Sliced Banana with coconut milk and cinnamon
    Ground beef with green bell peppers, avocado, and tomato
    Tuna salad-stuffed red bell pepper

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment